Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Childhood Nostalgia

There are many things which slip into the back recesses of our mind, brought forth through events in our lives - photographs, old friends, discussions, events, word, specific food…anything that triggers nostalgia. Memories of yore. The sweet memories of days gone by. The days when the world was brimming with happiness out of every petty moment. When the world was yet naïve. When chitter-chatter, chuckles and laughter were the only noise pollution. When every little dream was a big idea. When little luxuries were the biggest luxuries. When everything was slow-paced, so as to cherish each moment.

The older and wiser we get, the fonder and sillier our memories become. We tend to remember our past to bring back the learnings of our life. To bring upon a smile on our face. To follow the dictums. To outdo ourselves from the past accolades. To tell the never-ending tales, memoirs and stories – the embarrassments, achievements, anxieties, praises, wisdoms, mistakes, relations, anticipations, results, etc

One such sweet memory is one of grandfather I remember him taking me in his arms when I was young. I used to hate sleeping in the afternoons. My grandfather's used to take his afternoon sietsa in a study we had in our old house. I used to sneak in from my mum's room and make a dash to the study to watch him. Magically he used to wake up the minute I used to tiptoe in his room. He used to lovingly pick me up and craddle me back and forth, playing with me silly games and telling me stories of the years gone by. His childhood stories were very inspiring. He had lost both his parents when he was a toddler and was taken care of by his elder sisters. He struggled a lot to provide for himself and then his family and emerged victorious. The values he has given us are the bestest gift we'd ever have.

Tomorrow is his bithday, he has a very unique way of celebrating his b'day, he likes to have pistachio jalebis instead of cake. This is the first time I am not home to celebrate his b'day but does this mean he misses on the jalebis. No !!!

I am getting him a basket full of his favourite goodies via this amazing website www.giftthebasket.com . Go check out, it is owned by a very talented and beautiful lady.


This post is dedicated to my sweetest Dadaji, I love him and miss him so bad !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment